If you attended the POPUP Incubator organized by the SocialGoodNG team in August this year, then you will find this post very useful.
They are organizing a post POPUP contest with support from their partners to “tell the stories” of impressive and potentially profitable ideas and efforts emanating from Nigeria to give a platform for exposure to such.
According to the contest website, a single winner would be adjudged and selected for a weeklong excursion to Sweden, sponsored by Partners to observe some select Swedish businesses and tour their operational location for some real time learning aimed at helping strengthen the winner’s views and proposed strategy and create a networking link as well.
- Originality: The uniqueness of the idea and its superiority in comparison with similar or alternative ideas in the market.
- Social impact: The ability of the idea to create or effect positive or desirable changes within the target community and beyond; ie Job creation, positive environmental impact.
- Sustainability: This refers to the extent to which the idea can endure and keep itself alive.
- Scalability: The extent to which the solution can be easily applied to other similar markets beyond the applicant’s immediate or local environment.
- Marketability: The extent to which the innovation sufficiently addresses the problem it seeks to solve at a price or model that is accessible to the target market.
To be eligible to participate, and for your entries to be considered, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- You must have registered and participated in one of the popup incubator events held in any of the following cities: JOS, UYO, OWERRI, KANO, and LAGOS. Entries will be checked with registeration lists for all the event. Defaulting entries shall be disqualified.
- Only one entry must be submitted per individual. No group submissions.
- All entries must be made on the supplied business model canvas template. The template is in Powerpoint. It is to be filled and submitted in PDF.
- All completed entries should be sent to email@example.com not later than 22ND NOVEMBER, 2015.
To get other details and to apply, visit the official contest website.
Check out pictures from the event which held at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri here>>